SECLUDED OASIS IN HISTORIC NEIGHBORHOOD
An impeccably maintained 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with secluded garden and high-end designer finishes is situated on a seasonal creek, surrounded by old-growth trees native to the valley. Close to Maxwell Park and walking/biking paths, this home is a tranquil oasis located on a riparian corridor alive with bees, butterflies, and numerous bird species. Originally built in 2003, this home was lovingly remodeled with lasting design choices and customized selections to create an enchanting and distinguished retreat.
Extensively upgraded – inside and out – in 2005, with high-end finishes and designer upgrades including custom cabinetry, lighting design, spa bath with a steam room and bespoke stainless steel soaking tub, solid Australian Cypress floors, antiqued granite slab counter tops, premium plumbing fixtures, glass tiles in the kitchen and bath, an outdoor living room, cedar-shingled exterior and mature vines offering seclusion and privacy, this home has been lovingly maintained and is move-in ready. It truly is a hidden gem with a secret garden!
Located in the charming and verdant neighborhood of El Verano – an historic enclave dating back to the earliest days of Sonoma when the train delivered San Francisco guests to the railroad station one block away – this original neighborhood was the center of a festive social scene that included Sonoma’s hot springs and resorts. El Verano’s lively history lives on around the corner at a local establishment in operation since 1906. This historic landmark remains a restaurant, bar and beer garden with a weekly Polka night – one of the neighborhood’s many charming benefits!
- 1,787 sq ft +/-
- 3 bedroom/2.5 baths
- Mature, manicured landscaping front and back yard with landscape lighting, custom stone work, automated irrigation system, and plants selected to attract bees and beneficial insect populations
- Front lawn with elegant palm tree, antique roses, hydrangea and tropical plants
- Cedar shingled exterior, well-maintained and preserved
- Open floor plan with vaulted ceilings and custom “sand and finish” hardwood floors (Australian Cypress)
- Inviting Great Room with gourmet kitchen
- The elegant kitchen has antiqued granite slab counters, Wolf range, Kohler sink, glass tile backsplash, murano glass pendant lights, under-counter lighting, ample storage, built in pantry closet and a chalkboard wall
- Gracious family room with wood-burning fireplace and views of back yard, wired for surround sound, perfect for entertaining
- Master Suite with private entrance to back deck and hot tub, full spa bath with custom stainless soaking tub by Diamond Spas in Colorado, Hans Grohe fixtures, custom cabinetry in espresso finish, 3 head steam shower with rain shower, wrap around bench, limestone tile and soapstone slab with pebble décor, radiant heat flooring, dedicated on-demand water heater
- Built in storage and custom closets in every bedroom. Master has a walk-in closet with ample storage for two
- Two additional bedrooms with large windows, designer wool berber carpet and built-in closet systems (including drawers). One room painted by German artist in the lazure style with veils of layered water color.
- Hall bath with Bisazza Italian glass mosaic tiles, copper Waterworks fixtures, Kohler tub, wood grain floor tiles, radiant heat floors
- Half bath with natural slate floors, Kohler sink, Kohler fixtures and toilet. Glass chandelier lighting
- Outdoor living space, custom built Ipe deck with metal roof and built-in bench seating. Stained concrete patio, rock wall, water fountain, fire pit, raised garden beds, wisteria-covered arbor, hot tub and Sonoma’s most glorious old growth Oak tree, surrounded by lush tropical foliage, camellias, rhododendron, flowering maples and two potted, stately Queen palms
- Immaculate garage with glass garage door to enhance natural lighting, currently used as a home gym
- Custom attic space with recessed ladder created for extra storage
- Hallway laundry room
- Generous linen closets
- Truly exquisite back yard with 15 year old, well-manicured vines for privacy
- Separate electrical panel installed for back up or emergency generator